How to drive responsibly.
How to drive responsibly.
Before you set off
When it comes to driving, learning the rules of the road comes second to none. This will help you understand and anticipate what other drivers are doing and thus avoid accidents. Breaking these laws is a criminal offence and can lead to being fined, arrested or to losing your licence altogether. More often than not, breaking the road rules means causing danger to another innocent party. It is every driver’s responsibility to consider the safety of others when out on the road, so do your homework before you start and then drive responsibly.
It is important to stay calm, composed and relaxed when driving. If you are tense, bad tempered or angry, it can make you distracted, lose focus and become the cause of danger for others. Before you set off always ensure your vehicle is in a safe enough condition to be on the road. If something is not working properly, this could be a hazard for both you and other road users. Key things to check include lights, breaks, mirrors, oil, water and windscreen wipers. It goes without saying that consuming alcohol or drugs before driving is a big no. This can affect your judgement on the road and put you and others around you at risk.
On the road
It is important to be courteous to other drivers by driving in a predictable way. Don’t turn without warning, remember to indicate before pulling out and give other drivers space to break and change lanes. Make sure you can always be seen by using your indicators and headlights whenever necessary and allowing drivers time to react to your movements. Likewise, use your mirrors to look around at all times so you can see what is coming up behind, to the side and in front of you in good time. This will also enable you to check for approaching cyclists or motorcyclists. Keep an eye on pedestrians around crossings too, as they may surprise you by stepping out suddenly.
Speeding is irresponsible. While the road ahead may look clear, hazards may pop up quicker than usual therefore not allowing you enough time to react. Remember, patience is key. No matter how late you are, take a deep breath and don’t try to hurry or overtake unless it is safe to do so. One mistake from you could compromise a lot of other lives. Consuming food and drink, smoking and using your mobile phone, all constitute potential distractions for drivers so try to minimize these as much as possible when behind the wheel. Do what you would expect others to do for you when driving and help to keep the roads safe places.
In case of an accident - Dent Zap are specialised in vehicle body shop repairs as well as Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) which is the process of removing dents, small dings and other minor damage that you might have on the bodywork of your car. The Dent Zap body shop carries out SMART (Small to Medium Area Repair Technique) repairs, bumper scuffs, and various other car body repairs that need resprayed.
If you are involved in an accident which isn’t your fault, Dent Zap will ensure it will be hassle free for you. We will provide you with a like for like courtesy car, ensure that your no claims bonus is unaffected, remove your insurance excess and deal with any personal injury claims that you are more than likely to have. You don’t have to worry about a thing just as long as you follow these very important steps.
- Step 1 – Call us at Dent Zap. Do NOT call your insurance company. We will require your details and the details of the person who caused the accident.
- Step 2 – We will contact the 3rd party insurer and once they admit liability we will arrange a date to get the repairs done on your vehicle. Alternatively we can collect your car from your home or work.
- Step 3 – We will allocate you a solicitor who will deal with any injury claim that you and any passengers have suffered during the accident. They work on a no win no fee basis.
- Step 4 – A like for like replacement vehicle will be provided to you usually the same day.
- Step 5 – We will estimate the damage and any parts that need replaced will be replaced with genuine parts from the manufacturer. Once we are given the go ahead by an independent engineer we will repair the vehicle. Once the vehicle is repaired we will arrange a date for collection/delivery.
- Tagged as: